Step 2: After we have received your intake form, a counselor will call you to set up your first appointment within 3 to 5 Business Days. You will need to gather the documents below and bring them with you to the appointment.
1. Proof of income for Most Recent 30 days Paystubs or S.S. Award letter, Retirement, Disability, Alimony or Child support
2. Last 3 years of tax returns and W2ís
3. 60 days most recent bank statements (checking and savings)
4. Divorce Decree (if applicable)
5. Bankruptcy Discharge (if Applicable)
6. Credit Report fee ($13.50 per person. Check or money order only, payable to NHSP)
If you've already obtained a bank loan approval, please provide the following Lender Documents:
1. 1008: Transmittal Summary Sheet
2. 1003: Loan Application
3. Good Faith Estimate(GFE)/Truth In Lending (TIL) or Fee Worksheet
4. Loan Pre-qualification Letter or Conditional Loan Approval
5. Copy of Credit Report
Based on the counselor's evaluation of your financial condition, they will design a personalized Action Plan which will be your road map to homeownership. The Action Plan will indicate what action items you will need to complete before you can be considered for a mortgage loan and/or down payment and closing cost assistance. Action items may include paying down some of your debt, disputing inaccurate items on your credit report, creating a savings account or completing NHS Phoenix Homebuyer Education and Financial Fitness classes.
Step 3:Get Educated! After you have met with your counselor, they will determine if you need to take a Homebuyer Education class and/or the Financial Recovery Workshop. We highly encourage all clients to meet with a counselor prior to signing up for any classes.
Step 4: Complete Action Plan items. Some clients will need long-term credit repair or budget counseling before they will be able to qualify for a loan and/or down payment and closing cost assistance. Donít get discouraged if it takes a little longer than you initially planned to complete your Action Plan items - feel confident that you are on the right path!